At least 15 people have been martyred and dozens wounded - some of them critically - in a bomb attack on a military truck in a high-security neighbourhood of Quetta on Saturday night.
15 people, including 7 civilians, have lost their lives in a huge suicide explosion near Quetta's Pishin Stop.
Balochistan Province's Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti said the explosion occurred near a private hospital. Nature of the blast has not been determined yet. "Among the victims are security personnel and civilians", he said.
According to a statement issued by the military's media wing, eight security personnel were killed in the blast.
The ISPR revealed that an on-duty security vehicle was targeted in the blast, adding that 10 security officials were also among those injured in the attack.
The ISPR further said that incendiary explosives were used in the attack and that was the reason why nearby vehicles caught fire.
Some of the injured were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta and an emergency was declared in hospitals in the vicinity. "Our first priority is to carry out rescue operations", Bugti said.
At least 25 people have also been reported as injured in the blast that set multiple cars on fire.
Army troops reached the site of the incident soon after the attack and cordoned off the area.
Middle East-based Islamic State, which has a branch of loosely affiliated fighters in Afghanistan and Pakistan, claimed the attack shortly afterwards, saying a motorcycle suicide bomber had killed 17 soldiers.
In June at least 12 people were killed and 14 others wounded in a suicide vehicle attack near the provincial police headquarters.
Earlier in June, three security officials were injured after an improvised explosive device (IED) seemingly targeted their vehicle in the Johan area of Kalat.